Friday, July 29, 2011

My Trip To San Francisco

So I had a wonderful staycation in San Francisco!!  I stayed at a hotel in South San Francisco near the airport.  Now here is where I start the story.  I made reservations for a Travelodge online.  When I got there they wouldn't let me check in!!! Because I'm not 18 years old.  So I'm upset right?  I went to the holiday inn express and the receptionist there told me I wasn't an adult.  Um really?  What am I then?  So I went to Best Western.  They were a little more sympathetic, but they have to follow policy.  I ended up at the Quality Inn where, thankfully, I am considered an adult.  I was talking to my friends and someone brought up the fact that it may be that way if a hotel has a mini bar in the room.  But I doubt that these hotels had that.  Anyway, I just thought it was ridiculous and it really upset me. 
Well, the next day I went into the city and went shopping at Haight Ashbury.  I had lunch at this little place called Panini and had an amazing panini.  Then I walked around and found a Betty Page store where I found the most amazing dress and pants that were on sale for 50% off!!  Then I found this consignment store called the Buffalo Exchange.  I bought an adorable corral pink dress and a blouse the same color for the pants that I bought at Betty Page.  I also got a really cute skirt that is cream colored with a navy blue design on it.  I kept walking along and found other store but was kind of done shopping.  So I ended my shopping trip by buying a pair of sunglasses and ducking into a small cafe to sit and figure out how to get back to the hotel.
On my way to Haight Ashbury I didn't exactly plan how I was going to get there very well.  All I did was find which BART station was closest and that happened to be 16th street which is in the middle of a scary neighborhood that I decided I was not going back to.  And I had to walk a mile and a half.  So on the way back I realize that you can hit this button on google maps which will give you "transit" directions.  Stupid me right?  So I figured out that I had to get on a bus and ride it to the Balboa park station.  I walk to the bus station and there's a little italian coffee shop right across the street that I noticed before but wasn't in the mood for.  I had about 4 minutes till the bus came so I rushed over there and was like "How fast can you make a hot chocoloate?"  The lady was extremely nice and fun and made my drink super quick, in just enought time for me to run across the street and catch the bus!!!  I rode the bus for 43 stops in which time I struck up a conversation with a really nice lady who over the course of our talk decided that I would really fit in in San Francisco. 
I really enjoyed that bus ride.  It felt like a sign telling me thats where I belong.  I really enjoyed that day because I explored.  I don't know it's hard to explain.
Anyway, I got off the bus and got on the BART back to the station I parked at and had pizza for dinner.  All in all a great trip that I will probably take again.

No comments:

Post a Comment