Sunday, February 5, 2012

Disney College Program

Well I might as well talk about it on my blog since the secret is out.  I have officially applied to the Disney College Program that is a paid internship.  I passed a web-based interview and am scheduled for a phone interview Wednesday, February 8 at 8:15 am.  If I am accepted, I'll go to the auditions to be a character performer in San Francisco on March 18.

This program includes housing that is exclusively for the program and they take your housing fees straight out of your paycheck every week.  It is a full-time job making mainly minimum wage.  You have the opportunity to further your education through the program with disney-themed classes, seminars, and other things.  The main reason for this program is to be apart of the community, make new friends, learn very valuable job skills, and put Disney on your resume.  For me this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

I applied to both the Florida Program and the Anaheim one, so I may be out-of-state for six months!!!  My first three job choices are Character Performer, Bippity Boppity Boutique as a fairy godmother in training, and attractions. 

I have watched EVERY video the Program has on youtube.  I have read multiple forums and joined one.  And I am a member of the facebook group that is for applicants of fall 2012.  It is wonderful to be able to talk to people that are as excited about this and love disney just as much as I do.

I have decided that if I don't get in, I just might die!! haha but it won't be terrible, I can just apply again for the Spring 2013 Program.  This is something people come home from with memories of a lifetime, pictures, friends, experiences, etc.  I could never ask for anything more. 

So keep watching my blog for updates on my status in the program, and if you have any questions, post them in the comments and I'll answer them!!! There is so much to talk about this program that I have no problem answering any questions :)





No comments:

Post a Comment